Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Water Into Colour Painting

 Welcome to my blog,

Today I'm going to tell you some technique I used for water colour painting. We had to use technique like layering or glazing. The easiest one is movement because all you have to do is brush strokes. There are many techniques to use but we only use 9 to keep it simple.

The first thing to do is add a little water colour paint. Then put some water on  it until it has the intensity you have. Having less dilution gives you more paint but it can look more like water the more you put. Glazing is another good and easy technique. Its easily layer of transparent colour is washed over a previous dry layer of paint.

Layering is also a pretty easy thing to do because you just have to paint something random and add another paint when it drys. When water colouring you need to tone a couple things like making it darker. Or making it way lighter.

Sometimes when water colouring you need to add some intensity to your work or lower intensity. Like shadows and stuff. Tinting is the same as intensity like adding more water to weaker the intensity so its more lighter than dark. Movement is basically putting water on your paper and putting the water colour and make it move. 


Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave a comment and don't forget to add some feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.